Re: club affiliation

Michael Williams spake:

> The robotic midwife writes:
>
> >If you're in the Bay Area (presuming you mean the San Francisco Bay Area)
> >please consider joining ARA as well as AROC. We are not part of the
> >national anymore (not since 1975) and there is no local AROC chapter;
> >the closest being Delta Sierra in the Sacramento Area,
>
> We're thinking of changing our name to "Delta-Sierra-Fog Alfa Romeo Club"
> so that we may rightly claim that sliver of freezing beach you all live
> on...

I think all of the heat and politics have warped your view of the Bay Area.
There's a lot more to it than San Francisco. Here in Livermore we're a
lot closer to you (geographically and climatically) than The City. It's
an interesting mix of cowboys, major vintners and nuclear physicists.

I know it bugs AROC types to see the most densly Alfa populated place in the
country (a club with nearly 1,000 members in a footprint barely 100 x 50
miles and we're probably less than half of the Alfa owners) forever beyond
their grasp, but that's why we believe in peaceful coexistence.

- - Jack

| Jack Hagerty                |    "If this rocket stuff is so important    |
| Robotic Midwives, Ltd.      |    to you, so be it. Just be careful and    |
| Livermore, CA		      |    don't blow yourself up. I suppose there  |
| jack@domain.elided   |    are worse hobbies!"                      |
| (925) 455-1143 (voice/fax)  |            - John Hickam, October Sky       |
|        ARA #97, NAR #55105, LUNAR #002 / TRA #3943, Aero-PAC #168         |