164 woe is me...

In our last exciting adventure, Sofia the Wonder car, was ill with
running troubles and no lights...

The plot, as they say, thickens...

New Lodges, (hell, they are right there at work) as the old ones looked
like crap, and some tinkering with the plug to the temp sensor, looked
fine lousy connection... Runs better but not 100%.

Next is a can of BG 44K, and Friday will be the rest of the BG induction
cleaner and injestor service. We'll see.

Now the nightmare...I changed the oil the other night, More Mobil 1 but
all this thin oil talk prompted me to try 5w30 Mobil 1. I heard a weird
noise coming home tonight and upon arrival I find that I have an
occasional ugly dull knock from inside the motor. Perhaps the 15w50 was
hiding this...er. new development.

So tonight's question is,: if my lower end is tired, (not expected at
95K miles) and will need repair soon, but not terrible noise, can it be
driven? I want to drive back from KC next week and this would dampen my
spirits if Sofia can't be filled with 15w50 and run with glory. What can
I hurt if it has to come apart anyway?

Opinions?

Thanks!

AlfaBill