Re: milano A/C compressor

Here's a possible source for rebuilding of your compressor:

Precision Air Conditioning Components
1640 N. Hercules, Clearwater, FL
Phone: 727.443.4431

They probably ship and their main business interest is rebuilding
compressors. I had them rebuild my Sanden (supplied as part of the
upgrade kit from APE) which had failing seals -- the charge was about
$70. They felt the seals were marginal and might or might not hold a
charge on the long term. Because I hate digging into the engine
unnecessarily, I had the work done while the compressor was out of the
car.

They also make hose assemblies to spec which exceed the quality of
factory hoses.

For owners in the Tampa Bay area: these folks are willing to work with
you and are one of the few shops I've run across that don't care if
they lose part of their labor hour dollars for do-it-yourselfer's.
They were perfectly content with me doing the mechanical portion of
the retrofit. I suppose it leaves them more time to rebuild
compressors -- a far more lucrative activity for them.

- -- Eric Hambleton, Clearwater, FL