Milano Auto Trans Fluid

To Peter F.

The reservoir at the front in the Milano is not for
the auto transmission fluid.  That reservoir serves
the power steering and the rear self-leveling shocks.

To see if you need to add fluid or not; slide the
switch at the upper left corner of the (ACU) Alfa
Control Unit, the one with symbol that looks like an
open trunk lid, if you get a red light just to right
of this switch with the same symbol, then you are OK.
Note that the engine/trans has to be running at
operating temp and on level surface.  If no light the
transmission needs fluid.

To add fluid to the auto transmission you need to go
under the car, open a plug near the fluid level sensor
on the transmission and use a syringe-type apparatus
or something else that would provide the same function
to add fluid.

There were two (may be more) methods discussed on the
AD regarding the subject of adding fluid to the auto
trans.  Some say the engine should be at operating
temp and running while adding the fluid.  Others say
add fluid then start, then add and start again until
enough fluid is added.  I do not know which method is
the correct one.  I need help from fellow digester on
this one.  Can someone correct me if I am wrong.

Later

===
Abe Kheraz
Madison, WI