AlfaBill's Dilemma

>I wish I could find a cheap way to get parts to foreign countries
>SECURELY. As an example, an 8 pound package via UPS is $156.75. 1 pound
>is $74! Most folks can't justify that. and there is not much cheaper
>that is trackable. Reason for the cost is that it only goes air freight.

Following the advice from Digester Muukki Mikko from Finland, I visited
www.usps.gov, where they have something called "International rate
calculator". For example, for 10 pound package, surface mail (4-6 weeks)
from USA to Croatia, the price was 24$. Now, that isn't that bad. Since
Croatia isn't one of "mail-disappearing" countries, that would be a
perfectly acceptable way to ship parts. Today I will call UPS and DHL in
Zagreb to ask them what would their prices be. The answers will be posted
here, of course.

Marko
Spider '72
Alfetta GTV '81