turning Spider wheel

>  - How does the steering wheel assembly (the hub the wheel attaches to)
> engage the steering shaft? Is it a spline or something else?
>
>   - Since it appears that the steering wheel was removed once before, is it
> possible that it was reinstalled improperly?
>
>   - How can I tell if the wheel is far enough on the shaft to engage
> whatever
> it takes to hold it in place?
>
>  - What size is the nut the holds the assembly on the steering shaft?

 Bob,

There is a splined shaft but also according to the fiche, there is
supposed to be a woodruff style key in the shaft. Check to make sure
yours is there. Also, that particular car has an aftermarket (Nardi?)
wheel on it, and they may have failed to replace the key when it was
installed. Not the best thing...

Let me know if I can help.

AlfaBill
- --
M a s t r o  M o t o r s -
Wholesale Internet Parts for Alfa Romeo & Subaru
http://mastrosubaru.com/parts.htm
http://mastrosubaru.com/superpro.htm
http://mastrosubaru.com/magnecor.htm