164

I finally replaced my tree squashed 164, with another 164. The same age
(1990) but blue. It is one owner and in pristine condition. It only took 10
weeks of looking! In the end I chose the 164 against the available 164
Supers because:a) this one is half the price (AUD$19,000 vs AUD$38,000). b)
in many ways the 164 is a tighter car than the evolved 164 Super (and sounds
better) - I actually prefer the hydraulic auto to the electronic auto. c)
the 164 Super is a "grey" import to Australia and therefore has uncertain
resale value.d) For the same price as a 164 Super I can buy this 164 AND a
GTV6. The new 166 commences delivery in Australia in August and the current
plan is to own this 164 for 2 - 3 years then trade on a second-hand 166.
Incidentally, the 166 lists at AUD $80,000.

The injectors have been replaced on the 164 I have just bought and I would
like to confirm that they are correct. The new injectors are Bosch Part No.
280 160 725. Does anyone know if this is standard?

Doug Gould
'90 164