Best settings for Electromotive ignition

Hi folks,

After nearly 3 months of work and numerous questions to the Digest, my long
engine rebuild process is nearing the end.  If everything goes okay, I will
actually get to drive the car tonight!  In the interim, I do have one
additional question regarding setting the timing on my Electromotive
ignition.  I am running the HPV-1, which allows you to adjust the timing as
follows: initial (2 to 25 degrees), 3000 rpm (additional 6 to 25 degrees)
and 8000 rpm (up to 7 degrees retard or advance)

Does anyone have any advice on the best starting numbers?  The engine is a
2.0L with 10:1 pistons, 45 DCOEs, 7L exhaust & 8 intake cams, Steve Haniford
stage 3 head, and a bunch of other stuff probably not relevant to the timing
question.

Thanks,
John
Seattle, WA