Proper installation of rear axle limit straps?

I'm replacing the rear axle limit straps on my grey berlina.  The new
straps (each side has an inner and an outer strap) are laminated in
alternating layers of green plastic and woven fabric.  Each strap has two
finished sides, one side has the smooth flexible green plastic surface, the
other side has the white woven fabric.   When installed, the slightly
smaller inner strap fits inside the outer strap.

Here is my question:  when installing, what is the proper orientation of
the two straps:  (a) with the smooth green plastic surfaces facing each
other (white on outside); (b) with the white woven surfaces facing each
other (green plastic surfaces facing out);  (c) both inner and outer straps
with plastic surface on outside circumference); or finally, (d) both inner
and outer straps with plastic surface on inside circumference??

thanks, kct
Knoxville, Tennessee