Re: alfa-digest V7 #768

RE: Hail Damage and Paintless Dent Repair

Alfa Digesters:
    As another Northern Virginia Alfa owner with massive hail damage, I want to
add to the observations on paintless dent repair.  After running outside to try
to get cars under cover, and taking a couple of 1+ inch diameter hailstones up
the side of my head, I decided to wait and deal with the consequences after the
storm.
    I had hail damage on my 91 164L so bad it looked like a big green Pininfarina
golf ball. A local shop did the repairs, and those to my GM Grocery Getter, as a
package deal for $2000.00 flat, one day turnaround on each car.  In addition, the
tech took out every single careless mall pig's signature dent in my doors at the
same time.  The car looks like it just rolled off the assembly line.  He also was
able to save a hood the insurance company wrote off as unfixable, and I can't
find a ripple in it.
    Simply put, this dent repair process is incredibly good.  I'm sure a lot
depends on the skill of the tech, but if you want a reference I'll tell you who
did the work off Digest.  I have no financial interest yadda-yadda-yadda...

Jeff Haworth
91 164L