Oil and other drips was Re: Lifts & Ford Wheels

Mark:

Since I had the Milano oil pan replaced (1996 cracked on a partially installed
culvert in West Texas (a quart a day for two days)) and for at least ten years
before that, the only drip I've had has been from my Airconditioner's drain.  <G
this maybe selective memory on my part>

The 164's (V6 for those in countries where other engines choices predominate)
don't weep much and if they do (cam seals come to mind) regard for the life of
the timing belt requires one deal with weeps before they hit the ground or foul
the belt.

I did ignore some green drips from my Milano back in '88 (actually don't think
they ever hit the ground, just kept having to top up the coolant resevoir and
didn't suspect an only 30 K mile water pump.

Some miscellaneous power steering & hydraulic fluids but no I don't have drips
or 'Italian' rustproofing.

Best Wishes,
Bernie Bennett

ps Didn't Ralph's post mention a drip pan?
bjb

Mark Smith wrote:

> With all this uplifting talk of ....lifts..... what about the oil dripping
> off the car on top? It is an Alfa right? Or am I the only one with Alfa's
> that seem to drip fluid?  <G>

Stuff deleted