in re radiator cleaning

Ralph askes about radiator cleaning.  I can refer back to an article in the
Alfa Owner last year (that I wrote, he said hubly).  There are a number of
potions out there for cleaning a radiator in place, in the car.  I have no
personal experience with them, and are suspicious of using them in alloy
motors.  They may work, but, as I said, no comment, and best of luck if you
choose this route.

My recommendation is to pull the radiator, and bring it to the pros.  They
will hot-tank it, which breaks up a lot of sediment and accumulated crud.
They will also pressure back-flush, which removes yet more crud.  Before you
get it back, they can/should check for overall condition of the radiator,
pressure check for leaks, and maybe even spray a light coat of black paint on
it to make it look good.

If there are other problems with it, they can deal with it then.

I did this as a summer job so-o-o-o-o many years ago, so prices as I remember
them are useless.  In LA, though, a re-core goes for about $100 - $150,
depending, from what I have heard.