Re Cam Timing

Hi Everybody,

I am trying to adjust my spiders cam timing and I need help.  The car is
a 1982 Spider with the oil fed VVT.  I have a problem with the intake
cam only.

I can not get the intake cam to line up with the notch on the bearing
cap.  I either get the mark on the cam to line up before the mark or
after the mark, on the bearing cap.  I have loosened the big big nut on
the intake cam, that holds the VVT together, and placed the mating gear
ring in a different notch and I still get the same result.  Does anybody
have any ideas or hints?

TIA
Ralph DeLauretis
New Jersey