Re: 164L vs S

'MEL ODIOUS' gave his unbiased opinion:

>Alfa went the way of many american, japanese and german manufacturers by
>adding lots of ugly troublesome skirts & a rediculous shopping cart handle
>on the trunk to make the car look `sporty'.  the S model marginal
>performance edge over the L if it does exist is not due to these body
>additions, but they certainly do detract from the appearance of the car.

Since you guys are on the 164 debate and I keep toying with the idea of
buying one some day I'll take this opportunity to ask a question.  Does one
have to buy an S to get a one-color car (without the 'Jeep Cherokee' grey
plastic side trim?).  I like the 164's with or without the ground effects
and trunk spoiler but I really prefer the look of 'em with those plastic
bits painted body color rather than grey.

Chris Lesher
(sorry about the jeep thing !  No offense intended)