Re: parts n stuff

On Mon, 24 May 1999, Steven M Tucker wrote:

> For anyone that may be interested in aftermarket 164 products-
>
> INFO:   Spoke with rep from "Jamex" today.  They have aftermarket
> sport springs for 164.  Lowers car a bit, he said "ballpark" price was
> $150.  Long delivery time from Europe if you want to save on shipping,
> however.

HOW DOES ONE GET IN TOUCH WITH THEM?

> QUES:  My 164L is an automatic, and the transmission seems to perform
> erraticaly.  Sometimes it doesn't down shift, it doesn't hold a gear
> until anywhere near yellow line when accelerating at WOT, and
> sometimes under rapid acceleration it goes into second pretty hard.
> Is there a vacum modulator associated with this trans' downshifting
> function, and is there a cable to adjust the "kickdown"?
> Thanks

THERE IS A CABLE THAT GOES UP TO THE CABLE WHEEL (TOP REAR U.S. DRIVER'S
SIDE OF ENGINE) FROM THE TRANSMISSION THAT HAS AN ADJUSTMENT EASY TO WEE
ONCE YOU REMOVE THE CABLE WHEEL COVER.

Regards,
Alan G. Lambert___________________________________<gerard@domain.elided>
           *******Los Altos, California (office)*******