164 brake fluid should be DOT #3

> > > Vlad,
> >  > Alfa Romeo is recommending to go to DOT 3 when flushing the system on
> >  > 164s. Change the master and flush system with a good quality #3 and
> you
> >  > should solve the problem. I didn't change the master, and flushed to
> >  > the  #3 and I have had very little trouble since. You may try this
> first
> >  > and see if you can buy some time on your master.
> >  >
> >  > AlfaBill
>
> The owners manual of my 93 164L specifically calls for DOT-4, either AR
> branded or Agip.
>
> Jerry in Houston

Yes, BUT they also change things after the manual is printed. If you
want the latest update on 164 brakes, IT IS: flush with DOT 3 and
continue to use DOT 3. That is directly from Alfa Romeo Technical Field
Manager a month ago.

The owners manual also said 50 K for timing belts, remember?

Bill
- --
M a s t r o  M o t o r s -
Wholesale Internet Parts for Alfa Romeo & Subaru
http://mastrosubaru.com/parts.htm
http://mastrosubaru.com/superpro.htm
http://mastrosubaru.com/magnecor.htm