Fogged gauges

In Digest no.728, David Partridge asked about his Alfa gauges tending to =
fog up..... something which happens in most of those we've had too. =20

I seem to recall reading on the Digest some time ago that this was due to =
dust on the inner face of the gauge glass becoming moistened and opaque =
when there's any dampness about.... presumably preventable by removing and =
cleaning the glass?  Sorry I can't recall for certain, but I think that =
was the story.  Have not tried this solution myself.=20

Regards to all,
Graham Hilder,
New Zealand.
(Alfasuds, GTV, Alfetta GT)