164 vs BMW

> Build qualities of the later 164's are also
> very good and I've seen a few 100K+ mile examples as being sturdy and
> rattle-free, something only BMW's could claim until now.

Nizam and all,
I agree...
At 94K miles of shall we say, spirited driving, my 164/8 is as solid as
it was at 30K when I bought it. For me, This is the first mainstream
Alfa, in which you can drive it everyday and it just starts and goes
with little drama. As much as I like Milanos/75, it was much more fussy
on a daily basis.

On the trip, a Milano would have concerned me, After 500 miles in the
164, I forgot it was Italian. Reliability has never been a question...

AlfaBill
- --