Tapping noise in '82 GTV6

Esteemed Alfisti:
After a recent valve adjustment by a revered Alfa mechanic, the continued
noise was diagnosed as a problem valve guide, which would require the
head(s) be removed for repair; as a sometime-financial realist, I'm
interested of any other similar experiences or opinions. I'm very new to the
philosophy of Alfa V6 maintenance, and am also worried about damaging, what
is now, a great-running engine!

Thanks much in advance,
Jim Barrett

PS- If General Motors bought Alfa, would the hood emblem be a giubo-tie?
IKON Logistics