Milano Verde Rebuild

I'm trying to steel myself up for a rebuild of my Verde 3.0 and I'm asking
for any and all suggestions.  Here's the basics:
The car has 88,000 miles on it.  The problem is the car burns a quart of oil
every 200 miles.  No smoke out the tail pipe except for a pretty good puff
for a few seconds after it has been parked for some time. I guess the cat
burns it up. The car runs strong.  Biggest problem is I have to change or
clean the #3 spark plug every 2-3 weeks, oil fouled.  I'm using NGK BP6ES
plugs which are 1 tick hotter than recommended.  I had Lodge 2HL before, then
ALL the plugs oil fouled in a couple of weeks.
I've been scanning the catalogs and I'm looking for advice.  I'm not doing
the work myself but have a mechanic locally (Alfa experienced) whom I trust.
Anyway, I saw International had a $700 exchange head.  I also got Sperry's
video and wonder how superior, if at all his Stage 1 head is.  Is the Stage 2
head worth it?  If I go to the Stage 2 do I have to port the exhaust
manifolds?  Are the "S" cams worth it?  What about Sperrys hotter cam?

I'll have my mechanic rebuild the bottom end.  Any suggestions there?

As you can see, I'll take any and all advice, experience both good and bad.
The car is for the street only.  I have to worry about New York emissions.  I
would love more performance tho!  I'd be interested in any known good used
parts as well.

TIA

Tony Brucia
Long Island, NY