164 towing roof racks and ownership

I tow with a 164, (last night  a Spider on a dolly) Max tow capacity is
2000 lbs, and it should be respected. Tough on the car and braking is
markedly reduced with 2800 lbs behind it.

U-Haul sells a custom order hitch for it, #24900, $100 m.o.l. Beware of
fitment, but I'm happy with it overall.

Alfa makes a nice factory roof rack thru the boutique, for $170. Nice
quality and fits permanent looking.

Big old fashioned high lip trunk, with ski sack opening.

164's are tough dependable cars if you maintain them and run them hard.
Water pumps are NOT a significant problem. Auto trans cars are good if
maintained, trouble if not changed...valve bodies goo up.  Older hi mile
cars need motor mounts, drive belts, a-arm bushings and strut bearings.
Nothing terrible here.

My 164(8) is the only car I have owned that I never regretted buying.

AlfaBill
- --
M a s t r o  M o t o r s -
Wholesale Internet Parts for Alfa Romeo & Subaru
http://mastrosubaru.com/parts.htm
http://mastrosubaru.com/superpro.htm
http://mastrosubaru.com/magnecor.htm