164 parking break

A control showed a weak parking break on my 91 164 3.0. I have tighten up
the wire with the nut/bolt under the parking breake lever and I notice the
effect when I start to drive with the parking break on. However, when I pull
the parking break while driving at low speed (< 50 km/h) I can hardly notice
any breaking effect from the parking break. What's normal?. Should I be able
to lock the rear wheels with the parking break while driving. Any
comments/help from the Alfa world would be appreciated.

Morten Fossum