RE: Chassis stiffener (controversial and longish)

This could easily go the way of the gun debate.  Everyone has their opinion,
I am going to buy one of these $200.00 stiffies, and would never buy one at
$425.

My question to you that have stated reservations is "Do you shop at IAP,
Centerline, or even Wal-Mart?"  If you shop at any of these places you are
doing EXACTLY the same thing you are accusing us so called "free loaders" of
doing.  You are contributing to lower profits at the "full price" dealers and
in the case of Wal-Mart, you are actually closing the doors of smaller shops.
 Go in Wal-Mart, or any other Discount store and you will find endless
"Look-a-likes" and "fake offs" that cost substantially less than the
original.

If this is wrong to you, don't buy them, but please get off the "Better than
you" highhorse you are riding!

I don't want to see this digest go where too many others have gone before.
There is no need to drag everyone through personal politics.  This thread and
the gun debate prove that.  I am also sure Richard doesn't have time to edit
content.  If we want this digest to continue to be helpful and meaningful to
the interests of our love for Alfa Romeo Autos, we all need to keep some
personal comments off the digest, and keep the subject pure... "Forum for
Discussion of Alfa Romeos" from Richard's own words.

Truly,

Jon
Dallas, TX