gtv-6 fuel consumption?o2 sensor?

         I'm pretty sure my car is getting terrible gas mileage,exactly how
much i don't know.My speedo and trip doesn't work.For the past two weeks I've
been using it as a daily driver,using Cheveron 92,and just driving around
town,it's been sucking down about $40 a week.When the tank gets down to about
1/4,periodically I start smelling a little bit of gas fumes coming from the
back of the car,I checked for any obvious leaks,none.
         The oxygen sensor is disconnected,would that be the cause?There's a
clean K&N drop in replacement air filter and the car runs like a
champ.Otherwise everything is pure stock.
Any thoughts would be appreciated,thank you.

Thanks in advanced
Giuseppe
86 gtv-6