radio radio

I wasn't so much interested in the most authentic radio for my 1967 GTV, but
the perfect look.  I saw a Becker Europa and fell in love with the look of
it, and of course, the name.  It looks great in the dash of Turner.  I found
it two miles away at the local Mercedes/BMW wrecking yard, a great place to
look.  They've got a lot of older cars there and had a bunch of Beckers, and
Becker spare parts.  The Becker Grand Prix that J. Hertzman mentioned with
is separate amplifier is over twice as heavy as my lightweight Europa.  The
Mexico was the top of the line unit, sometimes featuring a cassette deck.

I believe the radios were dealer installed, as were the antennas.  On every
GTV I look at I'm amused at the antennae hole location, I've seen'em on
every fender.  I'd hesitate to cut up an original non-radio dash, they're a
sight to behold.

Steve S.
Seattle, WA

How is DaimlerChrysler pronounced?  Daimler.  The Chrysler is silent.