silicone brake fluid

I've used DOT 5 silicone brake fluid when I had a '70 Boss Mustang and still
do in my '74 Datsun Z. It has been in for 12+ years and never needed
changing, these cars are seasonal use and with conventional fluid I
experienced frequent brake system failures due to corrosion. Haven't had any
seal compatability issues either. As far as I know, the only drawbacks to
using silicone fluid are:

1) Glycol will swell seals very slightly (intentionally), therefore with
silicone if seals are not fresh they may leak. Both cars had ENTIRELY new
systems when the silicone was installed.

2) Brake pedal will be slightly spongy (my Mustang's pedal was rock hard, I
never could appreciate a negative effect), if it is spongier it may not be
enough to notice. The sponginess is due to air being more easily entrained
in silicone (albeit at microscopic levels) than it is in glycol fluid.

So, I don't really care if the pedal is mushier in a way that I can't feel,
because I'm so happy to not have to rebuild brake systems or have my fluid
boil at the track!!

BUT, I haven't used in my Verde because I won't be replacing it's brake
system components (like the ABS master) anytime soon. I hope. Also, there
have been rumours about its specific incompatibility with this Alfa.

John Denis
'89 Verde
'93 Legend
'74 Datsun Z