Re 2600 vs Giulia Spider

After reading the comments on this subject I just had to add a personnel
view.

Although I agree that a giulia spider on a twisty bit of tarmac is a totally
different feeling to a 2600 spider I suggest this comparison misses the
point.

The 2600 spider was built as an elegant tourer, designed to waft across the
Italian & French Riveras in style. Its 2.6 liter straight six delivered 145
BHP by using triple twin choke solex carbs, and twin cams through a five
speed box like its smaller brother. The cars were built by Touring the
Italian design house and anyone who has been involved in a rebuild cannot
fail to see the quality and amount of effort that went in to building these
cars, unlike there little brother.

Generally parts availability is another mis-conception most parts are
available although body and trim parts are now starting to become a bit
scarse (and hence pricey), but the dedication of the 2600/2000 Register
makes the search alot easier (see
http://freespace.virgin.net/andrew.mcinerney/2600main.htm).

No a 2600 spider is not a road burning, tyre squeeling topless racer but is
is powerful, elegant and above all classy lady that when she has to can pick
up her skirts and surprise alot of smaller more nimble machines especially
if the suspension is just slightly tweaked.

Regards Andrew

2600 Spider
3.0 GTV 6
155 2.0 TS Sport