Oil pressure senders

Regarding the decreasing readings on Alfa oil pressure gauges, Jonathan =
posted :

I'm guessing here but could the carbon track wear thin thus increasing the =
resistance? I just realised that I should not have binned the old unit I =
took of the 164.
jonathan coates

Well I don't know about the 164, but any senders I've opened up from Suds, =
105s and Alfettas all have wound wire rheostat tracks, rather than carbon. =
So their resistance isn't going to change much....... a pity, as that =
would have been a handy explanation....

Regards to all,
Graham H,
New Zealand.