GTV6 Questions...

I've been off line for quite a while now -- catching up with the digest coincides with being
"thrice blessed", having just added another Alfa to the family.  This one an '86 GTV6.

This is great car... fully balanced and blueprited Omega Motorsports 2.5, Sperry stage 3 heads,
Shankle springs and rear sway bar.

Question (1):  The car has Koni gas shocks.  As the ride is looser than I'm used to, I was
wondering whether these are adjustable.  If I replace the shocks, what type work best on GTV6's?
I favor Bilsteins on my GTV and Spider.

Question (2):  As soon as I pass smog I plan to remove the cat.  I'm really impressed that this
motor has absolutely no flat spots (quite a bit different than my big valve 1750 GTV).  Should I
expect any change to the bottom end by removing the cat?

Question (3):  What's the real story with BMW AFM's?  Does this make a difference?  *First hand*
experiences are appreciated.

Question (4):  Any other mod's that I can't live without?

Thanks,

Jim

91 Spider
69 GTV