168's synth oil diet.

>  For a normal, water cooled, street motor that gets
> regular maintenance, though, I think MOST people using synthetics are
> kidding themselves, but that's just my opinion.

Interesting point...I use the synthetic, mainly beacuse it is a minor
expense overall, and I do run the heck out of the motor. (so much for
resale value :oD ) and assume it offers more protection. I go to the
longer end of the change cycle, 7-10K but it gets driven. On the One
Lap, I got 2000-2500 miles to a quart at 80K miles. All on Mobil 1.

Consumer's Reports could find no large variance in regular vs syn. oil
other than cold flow factors. Just one person's fetish.

AlfaBill