"Shouldn't that be Verde Inglese Corsa? :-)"

A week ago Jack Hagerty, picking up on my statement that as a red/green
colorblind I could still "tell the difference between Verde Inglese and Rosso
Italia" asked "Shouldn't that be Verde Inglese Corsa? :-)"

Fair question, but as far as I can tell Italian Racing Red is called Rosso
Italia, French Racing Blue is called Bleu Francia, and British Racing Green
is called Verde Inglese. From that one might perhaps infer that to the
Italian enthusiast's mindset "racing" is implicit, and our forms tautological.

In tracking color names through d'Amico & Tabucchi, where they are listed in
paralel blocks in Italian and English the one exception I found was the 2600
DeLuxe built by O.S.I. which listed Verde Corsa, Racing Green but omitted the
Inglese/British part.

John H.
Raleigh, N.C.

End of alfa-digest V7 #687