synthetic leaks/ Selenia is history

I have to take objection to the thread about synthetic oils leaking.

In my 168, I have been using Mobil 1 15w50 for 63k and have little if
any leakage, other than mechanical failures, such as the $.89
distributor o-ring... The motor is dry and leak free. The only time it
weeped more than normal is the day at Sebring when she got the *&^% run
out of her in 90 degree heat all day. Forgivable.

Same as the overheating 164s... Down here it is already 80-90 degrees.
The cars in good repair run all day in it with the a/c on and no
problems. Even the Louisiana Bayou special 164 ran cool as a cucumber
today while cruising the streets of Tampa. 200-210 with the air on in
traffic. Normal.

If it leaks, fix the leak. If it overheats, find the cause and fix it.

Fred-esque rant over.

AlfaBill
aka Ardilla de Alfa