Cam cover gasket

I think your mechanic does not know how to properly install a cam cover
gasket.  First and foremost, both surfaces must be clean and dry, I mean not
a trace of oil or dirt or any deep scraches. Then the gasket must be
Permatex gasket cement on the cover side only.  After drying for a while
install but with not too much torque.  Always replace the half-moons at the
back end with new ones. Fred Di Matteo  AROC technical Advisor Fort Myers,
Florida