Alfa breakers in the U.K and 156

Hi,
A quick thanks to all those in the U.K. who responded to my plea for Alfa Breakers
in the U.K. Unfortunately no-one had one and it seems that when they get them they
go within the day so I bit the bullet and got one from Cubleys which was'nt too bad
with the A.R.O.C discount.
I got the chance to drive a 156 2.5 yesterday and was impressed. The engine was
very smooth and spun to 6000 with ease though the car didnt feel a great deal
quicker than my 3.0 164. Handling was better though and the brakes were far
better. I didnt try it for a long run and stayed on smaler roads so Im not sure about
the benefits of the 6 gears over 5, I found 5th to be a little long for the speeds I was
driving i.e. below 80 mph. Overall though the car was superb and I now know what
all the fuss is about. Thanks to Mangoletsi of Knutsford for letting me try the car
even though the salesman knew I couldnt afford one!
Regards
Mike Salter
164 3.0L