Re: Stereo/Antenna for GTV6

You can repair the GTV6 in-window antenna with a carefully applied line o=
the conductive paste that is sold for repairing rear defroster grids.  Th=
easiest method is to border a fine line in the repair area with tape and
then smear the conductive paste over it.  When it is somewhat firm, but
before its dry, remove the tape.

I'm not sure what stereos came in '84, but my '85 model, which I bought
new, came from the factory with no stereo electronics.  There was a snazz=
plastic alfa logo blanking plate (there's a collector's item)  where the
stereo was to go and the car was factory prewired, had 4 speakers&grille
assemblies  and the windshield antenna in place.  There was not any menti=
on
of stereo equipment on the window sticker.  It was left up to the dealer =
install any aftermarket piece they wanted and mark up accordingly.  This
was done with a variety of cars on the lot but fortunately they hadn't
gotten to the one I wanted when I bought it.  There were still a number o=
f =

left over '84s on the lot at that time and I'm pretty sure they had the
same arrangement.

Gerry Lehmann
San Diego