Re:Wheelbase difference???

owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< From: CaptWSims@domain.elided
 >Subject: Re: alfa-digest V7 #679
 >
 >Even though it's wheelbase is shorter--I didn't
 >realize the wheelbase difference until I parked my Alfetta and GTV-6 next
 >each other.

 Are you sure you are comparing axle to axle instead of tire to tire?
 Looks can be deceiving as the Alfetta uses 14" tires and the GTV-6
 uses 15".  Make sure you line up the axle centerlines (i.e. hubcap centers)
 when making comparisons.

 - -Dennis
 San Diego, CA
 '85 GTV-6 >>
Russ has also questioned this, and since my "technique" was looking under the
GTV-6 to the wheels of the Alfetta there is plenty of room for tire/wheel
size and front end caster to make a difference (I know I had max caster on
the GTV-6).  Both cars had 15" wheels (aftermarket wheels on Alfetta) and the
same Yoko 205/50 tires, though.   I also "eyeballed" the wheels standing
between the cars but don't recall measuring the wheelbase on either one.
Could have been an illusion, so I'd not bet $$$ I was right....I am curious
about this, though!

			Bill Sims