Wacky Tachy

     The tachometer on my '91 Spider recently decided to go on the fritz
     and will now only move between the range of 0 and about 2600 rpm's.
     The tach has always worked fine before and I am puzzled as to what
     would cause it to do this all of a sudden. Can anyone clue me in as to
     what the cause may be. If it's a bad connection or poor ground (the
     usual suspects), can anyone tell me where the electrical sending unit
     for the tach is mounted and where it grounds to ?

     Kevin Fillip
     Dallas, Texas

     '91 164
     '91 Spider