Re: Alfetta vs GTV6 room question.

Rick Rodosta <Rodosta@domain.elided> wrote:

> I'm considering another Alfa as a work vehicle.  The Alfetta and
> GTV6 may fit the task.  As a field maintenance engineer, storage
> for tools and parts require a little storage area.  The hatchback
> design would be versatile for this aspect.  Any opinion, or facts
> as to which would be better would be appreciated, before I begin
> my search.  Any original literature on cu ft with the seat down?

Rick,

Unfortunately, the rear seat does not fold down, and there's no
getting around this: the fuel tank is located between the rear
seatback and the rear cargo area.  The volume of the rear cargo
area (at the narrow spots) is approximately 50"W x 14"H x 22"D,
or around 9 cubic feet.

The flip-down rigid cover that prevents spying eyes from seeing
the contents of the trunk also means that the 14" dimension is
pretty much a hard limit.  So you can't stack things up to the
hatch glass in a GTV6, unlike some other cars.

- - Tom
thomasw@domain.elided