Spider dull lighting

I have an 81 spider that has one (Left) headlight burning dimmer than
the
 right.  Replaced the headlight with a new one and still the same
effect.
 What could cause this?  >>

Check the connector for each light that's near the radiator in the nose
(probably dangling in the air) that go to each light.  Use stabilant or
dielectric grease on the connector (has two wires coming and going
through each connector for each light).  My passenger light had this
fault (yellow beam).  After 20 years, yours is probably corroded too.

Also check the fuses, and wire connectors coming out of the back of the
fuse box.  Any relay's involved?  Check connectors there too.  Good
luck!  Karl