Re: alfa-digest V7 #675

In a message dated 4/29/99 8:17:54 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< On fire extinguishers - I carry one in each of my cars but I have never =
 needed them for myself.  >>

I have 5 cars and fire extinquishers in each one.  When I was in college my
MG caught on fire and the car behind me saved the day with an extinquisher.
That was really important to me because I'd lost a restored XKE a few months
before that to a parking lot short that burned up the dash, and expected the
insurance company was anxious to cancel the young guy with sports cars....
The extinquisher saved my '78 Alfetta GT in '89 when a fuel line sprang a
small leak and started a fire.  Car was still running fine when the driver
next to me in the parking lot called my attention to burning fuel leaking out
of the car.  For $10 it's great insurance.

Bill Sims