Re: Do you really want to buy a '67 Porsche?

In a message dated 4/28/99 2:33:18 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< It's blasphemous to ask, but is there a decent Porsche digest or discussion
 group?  I'm pondering buying a 1966 912 with apparent 1967 911 engine
 installed, and want to learn more about what I might be getting myself into.
 If all the Porsche groups are as juvenile as the former BMW Digest, I
 cringe.  Thanks

I had a '67 911S once... it was less pleasure than you might think. Before
you buy enquire as to the heater boxes - if they've been replaced lately, or
if you live in a warm climate you're OK. If not call your local Porsche
dealer so he can quote you and you can rethink your purchase. 20 years ago
heater boxes were nearly $1000. I don't think the price has dropped since
then. Dollar for dollar, Alfa's are far more fun and so are the people who
drive them.

Marc Mosko
'65 Spider Veloce
'74 GTV