Milano ABS Brakes Locking Up

My wife drove my Verde to work today for only the 2nd time in 3 years, and
sure enough it rebelled to her presence by applying the ABS brakes while she
was traveling about 45 mph, having been in stop-and-go traffic a mile before.
 By the time I got there the brakes had cooled down and released and the
pedal felt normal.   She saw smoke after she stopped, but didn't notice
whether it was from the front or rear brakes or both.  She says it felt like
the parking brake was on, but that it wasn't.  And that the handle would move
up very little.  I did notice when I got there that the parking brake handle
had only 1/2 the usual travel.  I haven't had time to get under the car yet
(have to replace the clutch slave cylinder on her 3000GT tonight, so I'd
better get going...)   The accumulator is OK (replaced last year).  Replaced
the master cylinder with a good used one about 2 years ago.  Any ideas
anyone?   Besides a piston hanging up (which I don't think would cause this
much stopping power)  I tend to suspect the master cylinder.  Is there any
possibility the rear adjusters could tighten up?  That reminds me, I had to
LOOSEN the rear brakes a few weeks ago....which goes against everything I've
seen with Alfa rear brakes.   If all the brakes are applying then maybe
somehow the master cylinder is not venting....but I don't know what to do
about that with an ABS.... :<(

					Bill Sims