Super Pros and springs

> I have a set of Sparco lowering springs that you can still get here >for
> about
> $230 for the set. The quality doesn't look bad and they are >progressive
> rate.
> I am going to install the springs on my 164 S next week with the stock
> dampers, but with poly A arm bushings that Alfa Bill at Mastro sells.

Stock Alfa springs are low priced if you need them, around $160 list for
a set of 4...(164)

Re: SuperPro, I got a super packet from SuperPro today, with all the ME
stuff and melt rates and crazy stuff like that. Top quality outfit. I'm
thinking of bringing over some of the Subaru stuff as well, though the
Subie folks are more into driving head first into snow drifts to see if
they will emerge from the other side. Lots of listings including a
Mahindra Jeep (!)

I'll post some more info on the mastro page as soon as it is scanned.

If you want to feel the difference, drive a SuperPro equipped 164 and
then a stock one. Like driving a Caddy...Of course I am comparing to the
black Louisiana special 164 that I almost rolled on the favorite
Bayshore Twister turn. Sofia just squiggles through it, the black
beastie wallowed, bottomed and yelled "born in Detroit"! My imagination
or not, it feels like a lot less understeer with the blue bushes.

We did a Spider trailing arm job a week ago and there is no real loss of
ride. Nice tight rear end feel too... Of course the tech who installed
them left a nice gouge in the concrete floor from the press part
slipping and tossing a tool... PU bushings just slipped into place.
Nice.

End of sermon...
- --

			   B i l l   H a r k e l l