Re: Aftermarket Springs for 164 S

Rich,

Eibach hasn't carried lowering springs for the 164 in the US for over two
years now.

I have a set of Sparco lowering springs that you can still get here for about
$230 for the set. The quality doesn't look bad and they are progressive rate.
I am going to install the springs on my 164 S next week with the stock
dampers, but with poly A arm bushings that Alfa Bill at Mastro sells.

I think you would have less problems with driveways with loweing springs
going into driveway because they would be a little stiffer, even though the
car is lower.

I have a set of 16 x 7.5 TSW EVO's with 205 55 16 Michelin MXX3's. If the
wheels you are getting are ET 35 - ET 30 in offset, I wouldn't imagine you
having any rubbing problems. The critical dimensions is the inside of the
rear wheels to the strut. The 215's would be perfect on a 7.5 in wheel. I
have less front rubbing on full lock to the left with the TSW's than with the
stock wheels using factory spacers.

I will forward you the specifics on how much lower the car is after I have
them installed next week and general driving comments.

Louis Franklin,
San Jose, CA

1991 164 Sportivo Recaro
1992 164 Lusso