Re: GTV/6-116 Model Numbers

On Apr 22,  9:39am, John Hertzman wrote:

> According to d'A-T (unless corrected in the "Errata Corrige", which I have
> not cross-checked) the GTV-6 was the tipo 116 C initially, abnd became the
> 116 CA in 1983. David's VIN number should start ZAR116690.

Whoops.  Having no access to any of my Alfa books when I composed my reply (and
in any case I own neither Fusi or d'A-T), I relied on a vendor website for my
information.  Centerline has a section entitled "Model Identification", which
they state to be very important.  Indeed it may be, but apparently they have
not verified the accuracy of their data.  They list the GTV-6 as 119.69, and
the Milanos as 161.** which is also incorrect unless the Milano and 75 had
different series numbers.  They do not appear to list 116.69 at all.  I did not
check for any further errors since my knowledge of Alfa's numbering scheme is
clearly scant at best.

(See http://www.centerlinealfa.com )

This also prompts me to wonder what happened to the GTV-6 part numbers when the
series was switched.  As I understand it (please correct me if I am wrong), the
parts were usually numbered starting with the series and suffix for which they
were designed.  Did all the 116.69 parts become 119.69 parts overnight, or did
Alfa leave these alone?

I apologize to all for adding to the Alfa numbering confusion.  At least I am
apparently not the only one confused.

Dave J.
1982 GTV-6

- --