Once More the Production Numbers

In AD7-654 Keith Walker adds to the V6 production numbers and Alfasud engine
sizes threads, with a number of interesting detail refinements, and he reads
the "Errata Corrige" sheet more carefully than I did. I suspect that a really
thorough Errata Corrige would be a substantial third volume.

One point he raises is the inclusion or exclusion of the South African cars
in the production figures in the main book.

Fusi's numbers, which are broken down far more completely (and usefully) than
d'Amico & Tabucchi's stop in 1972, but suggest that the South African cars
(which I believe were all CKD, and the only CKDs) are included in the totals
which d'Amico & Tabucchi give. For the 1750 Berlina d'Amico & Tabucchi give
101,883 units, while Fusi gives 90,586 Berlinas, 3,518 RHD Berlinas, 1,759
U.S.A Berlinas, 5,764 CKD Berlinas, and 252 cambio autom. Berlinas, totalling
101,879. Similarly for the Giulia Super d'Amico & Tabucchi give 124,607,
while Fusi gives 117,825 plus 3,165 rhd  plus 3,600 CKD, totalling 124,590.
>From these numbers I infer that the CKD cars were included in d'Amico &
Tabucchi's numbers at least in the earlier period, and there is no evident
reason for that to have changed.

The rumored three-liter V6 Giulietta Nuovas are a nice counterpoint to the
carbureted three-liter GTV-6s. There must be some interesting stories lurking
down there.

And banARNA is a nice touch-

Cordially,

John H.