Alfasud smallest engine

The smallest engine size available here was 1186cc. There was never a 1.0 or
1.1 liter Alfasud. The 1186 engine outlived the Sud and was also used in
early 33s, some of which were assembled locally.

Regarding the Arna, there are still many Nissan Cherries (same body as the
Arna, 1.0 liter engine) of the same vintage, used as (dependable) daily
drivers. My kids' paediatrician trusts so much the reliability of his
1981(?) Cherry that he refuses to sell it and he keeps it alongside his
German cars. What is more interesting is that they all Cherries of the era
are rust-free. I only saw an Arna once (with Dutch plates) and it had almost
rusted through. Maybe it caught the virus in Italy. Funnily, the model
variant was "Milano".

Cheers
GC
Athens,Greece (too close to Kosovo for confort)