Re: Alfetta Sedan wanted

In a message dated 4/20/99 5:23:02 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< Subject: Alfetta Sedan wanted

 	Greetings.  I'm looking into getting one of the above. Anybody on
 the list have advice or FS? >>

#1 rule on any  Alfetta (sedan or GT) is to beware of rust.  They were not
anodized and the quality of the steel left something to be desired.  If
subjected to salt they soon dissolved....My '78 GT has never been on salt,
yet there is some rust developing in the front fenders.  Also note that the
'78 and '79 models had more hp despite their catalytic converters and had an
improved design for the driveshaft doughnuts.

			Bill Sims