164 Running Hot

I've posted this info before, but thought it may have been overlooked as
there's still a lot of discussion about hot-running 164s. All three of my
164S' have run at 175F at highway speed then jumped up into the 240-250F
zone in stop and go traffic on hot days. Last week I installed the Tom Zat
14" high power fan, his selectable temp fan turn on control with temp probe
(which replace the stock relays and temp sensor) and his 165F thermostat. My
car now sits at 175F to 190F no matter what the situation. After replacing
every stock cooling system part in the car, I can say this rig is the only
thing that totally worked for me. Zat sells a really expensive oversized
radiator, but with the results I've achieved, I say try his other parts
first. The usual disclaimers. The stuff just works.

Rich Lasner
92 164S
Mill Valley CA