Re: alfa-digest V7 #648 for Carlo Cardilli on ignition timing

Carlo,

    Haven't seen a reply in subsequent digests, so assume you don't have one
yet. My Centerline catalog shows for 2000 Spider 1982 on: Static Timing
"F" - 11 BTDC, and Maximum Advance Deg  BTDC @ RPM -    26 degrees/34
degrees @ 2400 RPM.  There is also a note that reads: "Digital Electronic
Ignition Not Adjustable." My IAP Worksop Manual shows the same static timing
"F" as 11 BTDC (plus or minus 1 degree) (set at idle RPM of 950) and also
has the warning: "The system does not require or allow any adjustment of
spark advance. Do not rotate ignition distributor. If it is rotated, in
fact, the firing order could be modified, thus causing very serious
consequences." Sounds like yours is correct at 12 degrees BTDC. Hope this
helps.

O.T. Johnson
Prattville, AL
86 Graduate